On Wednesday, July 2, 1997 - 07:23:17 am, Harold Melahn from 8280 Kreuzlingen, Switzerland
- Liked your site very much for the extensive information on sight-seeing and hotels.
Could you e-mail me guidance on how to park coming from the south and how to find the Kirchgasse. Can I drive to hotel to unload suitcases?
On Tuesday, July 15, 1997 - 03:31:19 am, Paulette McMillan from South Jordan, USA
- My daughter and I visted your lovely city in the summer of 1995. We enjoyed it so much. While I was there I was able to shop at the Kathe Wohlfahrt Christmas Store. I was wondering if this store has a home shopping catalog? I would be most anxious to be able to pick up more of the unique items that this store has to offer. Thank you again for your hospitality. Paulette McMillan
On Tuesday, July 15, 1997 - 05:16:17 pm, Patrick Clay from McKinney, Texas, USA
- A great website for my favorite place in Germany. I've stayed in Rothenburg
five times now, and my wife and I hope to visit there again soon. To all
those planning a visit, make the effort to stay one or two nights to see
what it's like after the tour groups leave and to see the place lighted
at night! You won't want to leave. And to our friends at Hotel Spitzweg:
We look forward to visiting with you again soon!
On Monday, July 21, 1997 - 10:26:57 pm, Ellen HATCH from Kelso, Staat Washington, USA
- We visit Germany just about every year and never miss (or get tired of
Rothenburg) so much to see!!! Feels like a step back in time. The Buildings
are in great shape, the food is wunderbar. Cant wait to get back in Septem
ber.AUF WIEDERSEHEN UNTIL THEN
FRANK and ELLEN
On Thursday, July 24, 1997 - 03:28:29 pm, Markus Leckenberg Von Rundstedt from Lissabon (aber in 30s/40s: Rothenburg / Reichenbach), Portugal
EMail: please phone me : (01)8499300 in Portugal
- MY PAST, MY FAMILY, MY FATHER: KARL VON RUNDSTEDT, MY MOTHER, MY SISTER, MY HAUS...
On Saturday, August 2, 1997 - 05:45:22 am, Birgit und Paul West from El Paso, Texas, U.S.A.
- We have been to Rothenburg last year. I am German, my husband is American. I am from Nuernberg originally. Rothenburg is our favorite place. Thanks for being so welcoming!
On Saturday, August 2, 1997 - 06:02:03 am, Bobby D. Simon from 208 Hill Terrace Dr., Nederland, Texas, USA
- It has been years sense I have had the good fortune of seeing your beautiful city. I was a soldier stationed in Schwabach's O'Brine barricks in 1966. I took a tour to Rothenburg by chance and fell in love with the city. I found this site also by chance. I was trying to find information on Schwabach, in attempt to bring back old memories. Your site has helped. God be with you and your town.
On Tuesday, August 5, 1997 - 03:43:45 pm, Alexander Bass from Gebsattel/Kirnberg, Germanien
, WWW: www.trick17.de
- Oft fern der Heimat wuerde ich mir wuenschen, die aktuellen Nachrichten wirklich aktuell
zu sehen. Ansonsten ist rothenburg.de sicher immer einen Abstecher wert um zu sehen wie die
Internet-Gemeinde auch hier stetig waechst.
Es lebe die weltweite und grenzenlose Kommunikation
CU an alle und viel Spass weiterhin...
On Tuesday, August 12, 1997 - 03:34:22 am, Jon M. Loose from Parrish, USA
- After viewing your town on Rick Steve's Traveles in Europe I was most impressed. Some day I wish to come and tour.
On Tuesday, August 12, 1997 - 04:16:41 pm, Rita Haydar from Montreal, Canada
- I happened upon your website by chance while browsing in the site of Goethe Institut. It brings back many beautiful memories of the months I spent studying in the lovely restored monastery on Herrngasse, at the G.I. in Rothenburg. I will visit again, and your site will be so useful to plan my next trip!
On Wednesday, August 13, 1997 - 09:02:29 pm, Lynda McGraw from Omaha, NE, USA
- I was only there for a moring guided tour but enjoyed it VERY much. Lovely town
with beautiful flowers. The walking tour I took with a woman, who lives there I
believe, was excellent. The views from the wall around the city are beautiful
and the shops were very nice but expensive so take a lot of cash/credit cards!
One area near the square had the most beautiful "front door" (hotel) of all
wood that had the door handle in the middle. Everyone who sees my picture
asks about it and can't believe it's all ONE piece. Enjoy a nice stroll around
Rothenburg - don't hurry - and you'll reward yourself for doing so.
On Thursday, August 14, 1997 - 01:00:58 am, Lang Horst from Rothenburg, Schweiz
- Ein Kompliment für die schöne Homepage leider hat mein Rothenburg so was noch nicht.
Einen schönen Sommer noch allen und ein "Grüezi" aus Rothenburg in der Schweiz.
On Thursday, August 14, 1997 - 11:21:06 pm, Laura Hansgen from Syracuse, USA
- I have visited your wonderful city three times. I was there once when the Kristkindlmarket
was occurring, and would like to know when it will be this year.
On Tuesday, August 19, 1997 - 02:14:49 am, Therese Byrdsong from Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
, WWW: The American University
- Viele grusse aus Amerika
On Tuesday, August 19, 1997 - 03:07:05 pm, Grzegorz Kulczykowski from Gdansk, Polen
- Rothenburg - Ich liebe diese Stadt. Ich war drei Stunde in Rothenburg, aber das ist eine Liebe in erste Blick. Ich muse fahren hier zuruck.
Auf Wiedersehen, Rothenburg!
On Wednesday, August 20, 1997 - 12:35:56 am, jeanne hays from umatilla, usa
- please send recommendations for a one nite stay in Rothenburg Sept 26. I
know it's crowded then and many hotels and inns are already booked. help!
On Wednesday, August 20, 1997 - 12:37:48 am, jeanne hays from umatilla, usa
- please send recommendations for a one nite stay in Rothenburg Sept 26. I
know it's crowded then and many hotels and inns are already booked. help!
On Thursday, August 21, 1997 - 07:09:55 pm, Ferdinand M.Reelsen from Rheda-Wiedenbrück, Deutschland
- Ihre Stadt ist sehenwert und sehr romantisch. Ich bin immer wieder gerne Gast Ihrer Stadt!
On Thursday, August 21, 1997 - 11:27:16 pm, Eric Martin from Stockton, California, USA
- I have missed the beloved city since my first visit in 1989, and look fondly forward to my next visit next month, with my new wife. We will be arriving on the 26th of September for two nights. We can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Web page. It brings back many emotions.
On Saturday, August 23, 1997 - 01:04:24 am, Mike Battram from Evansville, Indiana, USA
- I was in Rothenburg o.d. T. for only a day in June 1996, and I loved everything about it! I hope to someday again visit your wonderful town, and stay for several days.
On Saturday, August 23, 1997 - 06:14:16 pm, Ulrich Wirtz from 42277 Wuppertal, Germany
- Rothenburg kann man nur wärmstens empfehlen !
Nette Leute, nette Umgebumg und eine tolle Atmosphäre
(Wir waren schon 5 mal da !)
On Thursday, August 28, 1997 - 09:14:33 pm, Mr. Barry Gaw from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- In 1990, my wife Martha and I took a bus tour of Germany which included the Passion Play in Oberammergau. One of the highlights of this tour was our stay in Rothenburg at the Tilman Riemenschneider hotel. The service, accomodations and food were excellent. The walled city is a very interesting place to visit and explore. We particularly enjoyed St. Jacob's church, the Christmas shop and the overall atmosphere of the town. I would highly recommend a stay in this town just to "soak up the atmosphere" besides all the other interesting highlights. Most enjoyable.
On Friday, August 29, 1997 - 04:57:51 pm, Russell Howlett from Waynesville, Missouri, USA
- My wife and I had the pleasure of visiting Rothenburg in early May. We only had
a few hours to see the city, but we had a wonderful time. My camera quit working
while we were there, so I lost some cherished pictures. This website has brought
back some fond memories.
On Thursday, September 4, 1997 - 10:07:32 pm, Hans-Werner Kralemann from Bielefeld, Germany
- viele gruesse aus bielefeld senden die rothenburg-fans hans-werner und marianne kralemann
On Friday, September 12, 1997 - 05:41:55 pm, Kenneth E. Norris from Clear Spring Md, USA
- My mother is from an area just north of Munich. She met and married my father there. He was in the US Army at the time.
I was born in the US 7 months after my mother left Germany. I grew up hearing stories of how wonderful and beautiful Germany is.
I never really believed her and just figured that she was remembering things in a way that was increased by time and distance.
My wife and myself took my mother back to Germany in 1990. We flew into Frankfurt
and rented a car there. Our plans took us from Frankfurt to Munich by way of
Rothenburg. From the time we left the airport til we took our return flight home,
we traveled with our mouths hanging open in wonder! Germany is everything my mother
said and Rothenburg is the jewel. It was our first stop and will be remembered forever.
I'm traveling June 98 again with my mother (she's 65 now) and will visit Rothenburg
again. Thank you so much for having this website to visit.
It's not like being there, but it helps.
On Saturday, September 13, 1997 - 10:02:13 pm, Guy Melvin from Nortonville, KY, USA
- I just wanted to say that I had the opportunity to visit Rothenburg this summer
on a trip with my school. Rothenburg was the first place we visited (besides the
airport in Frankfut) and we were very impressed. This was my first experience
out side of the US and I loved it. The citizens of Rothenburg were very friendly
and mad us feel welcomed. It was my favorite place in Germany. We stayed at the
Rothenburger Hof Hotel. It is a wonderful, nice hotel. The staff went out of
their way to make sure that we were enjoying our stay. I can't wait to go back.
On Wednesday, September 17, 1997 - 10:18:35 pm, Jason P. Smith from Gilbert, AZ, USA
- Beautiful Web site. Just gathering information about a trip my wife and I
are taking next year. I can't wait.
Am Sonntag, 21. September 1997 - 00:20:05, schrieb Konrad Nusch aus 9200 Gossau,
- hallo! War noch nie in Rothenburg, heisse aber Nusch und plane schon lange einen Besuch in "unserer" Stadt, habe aber bis jetzt noch nie die Zeit gefunden. Gibt es einen bestimmten "Nuschfeiertag", an dem alle mit diesem Namen eingeladen werden? Falls nicht, wäre das doch eine tolle Idee, nicht?!
On Tuesday, September 23, 1997 - 03:45:12 am, Margaret Herrel from Naperville, IL, USA
- Absolutely loved Rothenburg this summer. The Burg Hotel was the best.
On Thursday, September 25, 1997 - 12:12:24 am, Robert Raygor from Appleton, Wisconsin, USA
- I loved your city the last time I was there, and plan on coming back next summer!
On Sunday, September 28, 1997 - 10:14:18 pm, Bob and Pat Collins from Saginaw, Texas, US
, WWW: http://www.applink.net/fastbob/germany.htm
- My wife Pat and I have visited Rothenburg ob der Tauber many times. We always
find more and more to do each time. Our first visit included the surprise of
coming during the celebration of Der Meistertrunk. We love Germany so much
that we have started a webpage listing the sights and things that we have
found and some wonderful places to stay, see and eat at. It is strictly
non-commercial (we just recommed what we have found to be a bargain or a
great deal). Rothenburg ob der Taubel is the best deal of them all. Bring
extra money to spend in the Christmas store operated by Kathe Wolfhart.
Like the rest of the city, you just can't walk away without a piece of it.
On Wednesday, October 29, 1997 - 07:11:27 pm, John Pezzano from Atlanta, United States
- What a wonderful time my wife and I had! The Night Watchman tour and
Puppet Theater were memorable. But those shneeballen - they sat in my
stomach for a week (but they sure were good going down!)
On Friday, October 31, 1997 - 09:39:43 pm, Jo Ann Brezette from Carmel, Indiana, USA
- Rothenburg is one of the most unique cities in the world. Allow yourself plenty of time to see it all. It will steal your heart. Try to plan on being in Rothenburg on Wednesday evening to attend the English Conversation Club (ECC). It is an experience you'll not soon forget. This is a group of German people who meet in a local pub to speak English. English speaking people from all over the world have been welcome guests - and you will be also.
For information please call my friends Hermann and Linda Norr in Rothenburg at
61-27-51 or from the United States you may call them at 011-40-98-61-27-51. Linda is an American from Wisconsin, married to Hermann and living in Germany for over 20 years. Both Hermann and Linda speak excellent English, as well as their son David.
Don't miss the opportunity to attend. If you have questions, please email me.
On Friday, November 7, 1997 - 11:41:27 pm, robert Darryl Cox from Ponca City, Oklahoma, USA
- Visited your fine city in June ( 1997 ). The city is beautiful and you are so fortunate to
to have such a fine treasure. We purchased two kuku clocks from a little store on
a corner. Everyday we here the clocks chime and play music and it reminds us
of our good time in Rothenburg.
We hope to return some day. If I could find the correct e-mail address
we would like to send a message of thank you to the lady and gentleman who
helped us in the selection of our clocks.
R. Darryl Cox
Am Samstag, 15. November 1997 - 00:19:32, schrieb Nelson Russo Ferreira aus São Paulo,
- Die seite hat mir sehr gut gefallen. Im Januar fliege ich nach Rothenburg, um dort einen Kurs am Goethe-Institut zu besuchen.
Ich hoffe, dass die Sehenswürdigkeitender Stadt so schön wie die Bilder, die ich schon gesehen habe, sind!
On Monday, November 17, 1997 - 09:17:06 pm, Genie Lewis McLamore from Houston, Texas, USA
- I was a student at Goethe-Institut September-December, 1960, between my
sophomore and junior years in college. Two more classmates from Baylor University were
there with me. We lodged in various homes and rooms around the town. I had a roomate
from Athens, Greece - Vivi Dimitracopolou (now Jacovidis). Those four months were the
most memorable of my life. In measurable value, I received 14 college credits on the
strength of my Grundstufe I and II certificates in testimony to the reputation of value
held by Goethe Institut. In immeasurable value, the experience left me forever changed.
The city itself is enchanting, not just in architecture but in the character and personality
of its residents. As students from all over the World, we were taken in by the residents, both those
of college age as well as their parents and friends. Herr and Frau Wack (Herren & Damen Frisseur) and son
Wolfgang Wack, Wolfgang Scheunstuhl, and others whose names I can't recall totally
without looking them up, took us in. My roommate from Greece and I lived over the
Evangelische Kindergarten with Schwester Grethe, an absolutely wonderfully, sweet
person who has gone on to Heaven now as has Herr Wack. Lifelong friendships were born
there--I met with Vivi just last year in New York with my husband and her son & his friend,
and we had planned a trip to see her in Greece this fall which may now not happen. But it
will soon. We correspond and share family stories and pictures, and love each
other like sisters. I have no other friends like her nor is there another place
on Earth for which I have been homesick, and I have lived a very good life.
The students at Goethe from every country I knew of at the time and some of which I hadn't
heard, brought the World to my doorstep and into my heart. The beautiful, sweet, friendly,
resourceful, hospitable, incredibly helpful and interesting people of the city and
staff of the school will forever be part of my family. There absolutely has not
been a day in the last 37 years that something has not reminded me of the experience
and I have shared it with everyone I know many, many times. Anyone who has the
opportunity to visit Rothenburg ob der Tauber should absolutely make the effort to do
so. I am going back sometime soon while I can still enjoy it..it is definitely
on the agenda. Just haven't made it yet.
If there are any of my former classmates out there reading this, please contact
me. I would love to hear from you and share life stories.
What a pleasure to actually communicate with and on behalf of my favorate place
On Wednesday, November 19, 1997 - 12:23:52 am, Anna Westlund from Båstad, Sweden
I was looking for some information about your soccerteam:FC Rothenburg, but I couldn´t find it.
I think your homepage is very nice, anyway.
Am Donnerstag, 20. November 1997 - 00:29:11, schrieb manfred Heiner aus Nuernberg,
- In ebenso schoenen Staedten , kann man auch gut Essen,aber nur viel - viel - viel billiger wie bei euch
On Tuesday, December 2, 1997 - 03:23:23 am, Connie Tritt from Carlisle, USA
- My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting this beautiful city in July 1997 and enjoyed every minute of our stay. The walk through the old city took us back in time, and a visit to the cathedral where someone was playing the organ brought tears to my eyes to listen to such beautiful music in such a magnificent place. I did not want to leave that place of such inspiration. The only thing that marred our visit was when we stood against the old city wall to take a panoramic picture of the city and what is behind the wall but a modern ferris wheel sticking high above the wall. Apparently a roving carnival was in town that day, but we had wished it had not been there. But we hope to visit there again when we can spend more time to wander the city and drink in all that is there to see and do. The entire Romantic Road adventure is a must for anyone visiting this area. I only wish it had not been raining the entire time we were in this area. But this only gives us an excuse to return and visit
when the sun is shining! And this we will certainly do.
On Wednesday, December 10, 1997 - 10:20:10 am, Jim Evenson from Chicago, USA
, WWW: www.pagearts.com
- First time visitor, beautiful city!
Am Freitag, 12. Dezember 1997 - 00:09:32, schrieb Heike & Dirk aus Bochum & Köln,
On Friday, December 12, 1997 - 10:02:35 pm, Matthew Golden from Prince George, Virginia, USA
- I have been to your very charming village a few times. I enjoy the whole town
and the food is delicious. I also enjoyed Kathi's Christmas shops.
We wish you a very merry Christmas
Matt & Elly Golden
On Friday, December 19, 1997 - 08:20:19 pm, LECLERCQ Daniel from Ormeignies (ATH), Belgium
, WWW: http://village.cyberbrain.com/hlm/Ulysse
- Rotheburg is a wonderful city !
My family and I love it.
Next year, I'll visit Rothenburg with students (in may)
and my family (once again in august)
Our dream is to go in Rothenburg at Christmas time.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year !!
On Tuesday, December 23, 1997 - 01:13:03 am, Colin Sansom from Nottingham, Britain
- Rothenburg is a delightful place but unfortunately the whole world seems to have discovered it. Dinkelsbuhl is less crowded and also very beautiful. I love this part of Germany. I would especially reccomend the abbey at Nieresheim.
On Thursday, December 25, 1997 - 03:10:05 pm, Thomas Choy from Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- I've been to Rothenburg about a year age. It really a good place. I hope I have a chance to go to there again.
On Sunday, December 28, 1997 - 06:54:07 pm, David Dionne from Nashua NH, USA
- My 9-year old daughter Caitlin and I have just returned from 4 wonderful nights in Rothenburg (20-23DEC97). We had a fabulous time at the Weihnachtsmarkt. Our stayed was enhanced by the fresh snow which fell during our stay. Caitlin especially enjoyed making snowmen in the Burggarten. This was my 12th visit here (I think!?) and I can never get enough of this place. Special thanks go to our hosts - Herr und Frau Gaertner at Krebengaeschen 2, and to the Gasthof Butz and the Gasthof Zum Schwann for some superb meals. I hope to visit again in 1998. Vielen Dank!!!
On Sunday, December 28, 1997 - 11:31:56 pm, pamela iverson from downers grove, il, usa
- I was last in Rothenburg 6 years ago. That was my third
visit to this beautiful town. I hope to return to Germany
next year and to this friends I have made and to visit
Bavaria and Rothenburg again. This web site is wonderful,
and looking at the pictures and reading once again about
your travels have brought back many wonderful memories to
me. I hope to hear from you and some other travellers to
Deutchaland in the future. Danke
On Monday, December 29, 1997 - 04:11:31 am, EDGAR J. PFOHL from LONE TREE, COLORADO, USA
- WILL BE THERE MARCH 14, 1998